At the “Instituut voor Kern- en Stralingsfysica”, embedded in the Department of Physics and Astronomy, one of the five departments of the Faculty of Science of K.U.Leuven, fundamental research of matter on the femto- and nanometer scale (nuclear physics / solid-state physics with nuclear methods) is performed. Read more...
A list of our publications is available in Lirias, the document repository to archive the K.U.Leuven research output in a digital way. You can also visit each groups website for a detailed list.
As a student, you can make a thesis in two specializations:
- Nuclear Physics (femtometer scale)
- Solid State Physics (nanometer scale)
PhD & PostDoc positions
- If you are interested in a PhD or postdoc position in our institute, please contact one of the staff members of the research groups.
- A number of subjects for PhD thesisses can be found here
Projects, Partners & Collaborations
- BRIX: Belgian Research Initiative on Exotic Nuclei
- ENSAR: European Nuclear Science and Applications Research
- Euroschool on Exotic Beams
- FANTOM: international research school for fundamental and applied nuclear physics and atomic physicsResearch
- HELIOS: Heavy Element Laser Ionization Spectroscopy
- IMEC: Interuniversitair Micro-elektronicacentrum
- INPAC: Institute for Nanoscale Physics and Chemistry
- Leuven MRC: The Leuven Materials Research Centre
- LRP2010-WG5: Working group on Fundamental Interactions for the NuPECC Long Range Plan 2010
- Metacel: Tailor-made nanostructured metals for functional coatings and electronics
- Quantum Size Effects in Nanostructured Materials
- SPIRIT: Support of public and industrial research using ion beam technology