The address of the institute is :
Institute of Astronomy
Celestijnenlaan 200D BUS 2401
Hotels & things to do in Leuven
- Check the website of the tourist office of Leuven for an up-to-date overview of hotels, a map of the city, things to see, things to do and things you should know about when staying in Leuven
- home-made list of selected hotels in Leuven and Heverlee; the situation of these hotels in Google Maps: http://g.co/maps/e5x79
How to reach the Institute of Astronomy?
Coming by car from the city of Leuven:
- Go to the cross-roads 'Naamsepoort' on the ring around Leuven
- Turn southwards away from the city (at the FINA service station).
- The road immediately splits in two, go right. You are on the 'Kardinaal Mercierlaan' now, follow this lane lined with chestnut trees for about one kilometer until you reach the traffic lights.
- At the traffic lights, turn right into the 'Celestijnenlaan'. Follow this road until you have passed another set of traffic lights and turn left at the next junction. You should now see a large blue sign with a map of the campus 'Arenberg III' . The Institute of Astronomy is on the third and fourth floor of building D.
Coming by car from the direction of Brussels, Liege or Aachen:
- Take the highway E40 (Brussel - Luik).
- Take exit E314 / Leuven (no. 15).
- Keep to the right and follow the sign 'Leuven', leaving the E314.
- Turn right at the second traffic lights, direction 'Campus Arenberg' (this is the 'Celestijnenlaan').
- Turn right at the second second junction. You should now see a large blue sign with a map of the campus 'Arenberg III'. The Institute of Astronomy is on the third and fourth floor of building D.
Arriving by plane:
- At Zaventem Airport take the train towards Leuven. There are two trains each hour. It takes about fifteen minutes to reach Leuven.
- From Leuven station, proceed as mentioned below.
Arriving by train:
- At Leuven station take bus no. 2 in the direction of 'Campus'. Note that at the station of Leuven bus no. 2 departs in two directions. Make sure you take the one to 'Heverlee Campus'. Get off at the bus terminal.
- You can also take bus no. 616 with destination Brussels Airport. Attention, make sure you get off the bus in time (bus stop after the traffic lights on the Celestijnenlaan). Click here to see a map.
At the campus 'Arenberg III' the Institute of Astronomy is located on the third and fourth floor of building D.
Click here to see the floorplan of the IvS.